Thursday, June 26, 2008

3 other women and a breakthrough!

For the first time ever, there were 3 other women in the class! Awesome! The two that come 'sometimes' were there, and another lady who is testing for her black belt in Ishinryu Karate. Basic Jiu Jitsu for some throws is needed. This was her first class since September. We are very close in weight and stature, so it was the first time I have practiced with someone my size! We drilled passing the guard by grabbing the Gi in the center of the chest. Grabbing either sleeve at the wrist, and then on whichever sleeve you grabbed, standing with that leg. Keeping the leg close so they can't grab, then standing all the way up and shaking them off. We drilled this for a while, back and forth. I have bruises on my hips, tops of my feet, and my back is aching! I know that it will pay off tho. I am not as agile as some, so the more I drill, the easier it will get.

Now for the breakthrough! I did 2 back rolls! I was so happy I got my butt over my head! I have done them at home, but can't seem to do it in class! It is like I get so anxious and nervous I can't do it! I don't know if I am trying to rush, or what, but it is awful to see. I keep going until I get across tho! I won't give up on it. But very happy!

No comments: